Screening for STIs (Sexually (and via blood) Transmitted Infections)
Screening for Sexually (and via blood) Transmitted Infections...
… is a service routinely offered here in our clinic for both men and women. Many reasons can be evoked for wanting to be screened for sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis, aids, or more, such as;
- when entering into a sexual relationship with a new partner
- before conceiving a child
- after having been in contact with suspected or confirmed infected contacts
- unprotected sexual intercourse
- lower urinary tract or genital symptoms (sores, urethral or vaginal discharge, itching, or painful urination)
Sexually Transmitted Infections testing is performed with a combination of history and physical examination, blood samples, urine sample, and tissue sampling (swabs, smears, or sometimes biopsies). It is important to be honest as this will be most helpful in determining which test is required as well as to direct appropriate treatment if needed. This will also be essential valuable to identify and treat potentially infected contacts.
1660, 3E AV, VAL-D’OR, Québec J9P 1W1